The most important change in that client is the ability to connect to our upcoming TS5 server
The compatibility to TS5 servers is the main reason why we made this release public.
You can test it on
beta.voice.teamspeak.comif you like
=== Client Release 3.6.0 - 10 May 2023 + Added option to automatically select channel chat tabs after connecting to a TeamSpeak Server. + Added support for OS dark mode stylesheet extensions (<style>_darkmode.qss). This also supports platform specific extensions (<style>_mac_darkmode.qss). * Improved overall compatibility with TeamSpeak Server version 5 and newer. * Tweaked icons based on user feedback. * myTeamSpeak sync now utilizes push service instead of polling periodically. * Certain Microsoft specific URL schemes will no longer considered to be valid when using [URL] bbCode tags. * Additional Linux dependencies: sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0 libatomic1 pulseaudio fontconfig libxcb-icccm4 libxcb-image libxcb-keysyms1 libxcb-render-util0 libxcb-xkb1 libxkbcommon-x11-0 - Disabled server list browser - Fixed a crash on macOS versions 11.3 and newer. - Fixed an issue with duplicate names for cached badge icons. - Fixed an issue where channel groups were not shown in client context menus when an inherited group has been set.
Other notes for this release
- We dropped the support for Linux 32-bit. The updater itself will offer you the update but will fail.
- MacOS clients will show OS X. We leave that in there for compatibility of the TS3 SDK
- MacOS clients are now certificated again.
- The server weblist was removed from client.
The topic is not dead but we get to many tickets about a broken weblist.
As long we did not not start the weblist again, we won't add this feature back to TS 3 clients.
Whoever wants to know why we took it offline can read this statement (on purpose not clickable).
To enable beta updates, simply go to Tools → Options → Application and select “Beta” from the update channel drop down.
Once done you can check for updates using Help → Check for Updates to receive the update.
Notes for this thread
- Feedback as per always is welcome in this thread
- We suggest to place your wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
- We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
1 post - 1 participant
Read full topic