Hello everyone,

Sometimes, big changes to the TruckersMP project are needed. In some occasions, I as Project Manager have to step in (together with the Project Coordinator(s)) to make important changes to the project. We also need to do this, if a previous change need to be reverted, after taking the community opinions into account.

Until this day, we did not really have to step in, and it was not made public in the past when we had to do so.

This being said, we want to inform you that after reviewing all changes to save editing, we need to change something yet again. We have seen a lot of negative opinions regarding all those rules we had around save editing, and that we restrict the community too much. We have thus reworked the save editing section of the rules, and narrowed it down to only 1 rule. This change has been agreed upon, after discussion with the game management and other upper staff members, after a voice meeting we had recently. This change is also being done in order to avoid that our staff has to spend time on things that factually do not cause issues. This makes them also able to focus more on driving violations. Apart from that, it also reduced the confusion that many players had because of all the rules.

You are now allowed to do save editing, as long as it does not cause harm to other users. I will now quote the new save editing rule:

§3 - Save Editing

Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving / blocking and recommended to remove the particular mod.

I hope this will make a lot of you guys happy, who are really into save editing. Sadly, we can not please everyone, and people who are against save editing might be unhappy about this change. We have good news for those people too. In the far future (I can sadly not give an indication when this will be), it will be impossible for people to drive with save edited trucks on certain servers, due to how our infrastructure will function.

Additionally to this, there are some other rule updates. You can find those by visiting the rules page on our website.

--> View post on homepage

Συνέχεια ανάγνωσης...