We've been tackling the demanding Arkansas DLC for some time now. Despite the necessary hard work and commitment, we haven't had a chance to give a shout-out to the often-overlooked heroes within our dedicated team.​

We hope you will enjoy this presentation of the SCS map designers who are currently working on the Arkansas DLC and their short messages to the #BestCommunityEver.​

David​

I have been working at SCS for seven years now, and during that time, I have progressed from testing to map design to a leadership position as the Map DLC Lead for American Truck Simulator. In this role, my responsibility is to lead the project from start to finish, which primarily involves managing the rest of my team, closely cooperating with other departments, and staying in touch with marketing. Among my previously released projects are Wyoming, Montana, and Oklahoma.

Our goal for Arkansas is to portray it exactly as it is—full of smaller picturesque towns, beautiful nature, and interesting businesses. We're striving to create another enjoyable DLC that people will want to add to their collection of ATS.

Joanna​

It's been almost 3.5 years since I've joined the SCS team. My first big task was to create the Yellowstone Park in the Wyoming DLC. It was quite a challenge but also an exciting mission for a newbie. While working on this task, I realized that creating landscapes and nature is the most enjoyable part of my job. In Arkansas, I work on the small, spa town of Hot Springs and its beautiful surroundings. I hope you will like it!

Vojta​

I joined SCS in 2019 and started working on Colorado DLC where I learned all the basics of the editor. Since then I've been working on many projects like the rework of California, Wyoming, a little bit of Texas, Montana, Oklahoma and now Arkansas where I'm responsible for Little Rock and most of the I-40 that goes across the state. What I've enjoyed the most is the variety of tasks that I get from rural roads, and truck stops to large cities.

Vopi​

It's already been five years since I joined SCS back in 2018. Nowadays I work as a Senior Map Designer and during my time here I was able to get my hands on DLCs like Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Oklahoma, where I usually focused on some mountainous areas and roads and on nature in general. I am excited about Arkansas because I like the lush and foresty feel it has. Of course, it is not the PNW, but in some ways, it reminds me of working on Washington. Among other things, I am responsible for the North-West Arkansas region around Fayetteville and I hope we can deliver some of its unique features so players can enjoy them.

Jakub​

It's been a long day at work or school. You are tired; you have had enough. All you want to do for the rest of your day is chill. And so you go trucking. As a fellow gamer, I get it. That's why I am always trying to follow this rule: no matter how pretty and accurate your game is, if it's not fun to play, people will not play it. It will soon be 3 years since I started working at SCS as a map designer on DLC Montana, then worked on Oklahoma, and now I'm doing my best to make sure you have fun trucking in Arkansas. My favorite parts of the map to design are small settlements because they have that American country vibe that I like.

Vladimír​

This is my seventh year working at SCS as a Map designer. I started with a road connecting California and Nevada through the Death Valley. Then I worked on smaller towns and neighbourhoods, mostly on the coast of California and Oregon (Redwood-Sequoia), Utah (Vernal), Idaho (Salmon), Wyoming (Jackson), Montana (Wolfpoint-Sidney-Glendive), Oklahoma (Idabel-Broken Bow-Hugo) and now I'm working on a road from De Queen to Texarkana in Arkansas. I enjoy working with the details of industrial areas and smaller towns the most.

Adam​

I joined SCS at the beginning of 2022 as a junior map designer without any previous game development-related professional work experience. I joined in the later production stage of Montana, where I made some interstates and settlements. Then I worked on some parts of cities in Texas and after that on Oklahoma right in the beginning so I had the opportunity to have creative freedom. These days I work on Arkansas which is by far my favorite project. Parts of the map I work on inspire me and I feel blessed to work specifically on this DLC.

Jáno​

It's been nearly three years since I started working as a map designer at SCS. In the beginning, I worked on Sacramento city for the California Rework project. Later, I joined Davido's team and started to design small abandoned settlements, wide-open plains, and stunning landscapes, which I really enjoyed working on. You can find some of them in the Texas, Montana, or Oklahoma DLCs. Currently, I am focusing on the eastern region of Arkansas, and I really hope the new DLC will be fun and exciting to play.

Zuzu​

It has been almost 4 years since I joined SCS as a junior map designer. I started with small roads in Idaho and soon discovered that my interest lies in the more technical aspects of mapping. Now, as part of the Arkansas team, I am responsible for road layouts, such as complex junctions and truck stops. In Arkansas, what I am aiming for is creating viewpoints in beautiful sceneries, crafted by my colleagues.

Lukáš​

I have been working at SCS Software for almost three years now, and every one of them has been entirely stellar. Since then, I have worked on Montana, Oklahoma, and now, of course, the Arkansas DLC, but also a few bits of the California rework and Texas. Regarding Arkansas, I am working on a few settlements and an unnamed city that might or might not contain some gold. But what I really love about Arkansas is the countryside. My absolute favorite places are the swamps, bogs, and overgrown little forest rivers. I always try to capture their true soul. I only wish Arkansas was a bit bigger, so we might be able to weave a few more such places in.

We hope you've appreciated this brief departure from our typical map-focused blog content. The team is putting in their utmost effort to deliver an exceptional experience, and we're eagerly anticipating revealing more of their ongoing projects in the future. Meanwhile, stay tuned to the blog or follow us on social media platforms (
X/Twitter​
,​
Instagram​
,​
Facebook​
and​
TikTok​
) for any upcoming updates.​

Συνέχεια ανάγνωσης...