With the Switzerland Rework project nearing the finish line, we wanted to introduce you to the hardworking team behind the revitalization of this beautiful country in Euro Truck Simulator 2.​

Meet our SCS Map Designers working on this project and read about their brief messages to our incredible #BestCommunityEver! We trust you'll enjoy this behind-the-scenes look at their work on the reimagined Switzerland map.​

Honza​

I started working for SCS in 2020 and joined the ETS2 rework team as a Map Designer. Switzerland Rework is my first project in the role of a lead. My responsibility was to manage the team and cooperate with other departments. From a map perspective, I designed the city of Geneva.

Switzerland, with its snow-capped mountains, picturesque lakes, and historical villages and cities is a beautiful country without doubt. It's also home to a couple of challenging routes. We wanted to capture them accurately and I believe our talented map designers did a great job and players will appreciate it.

Jitka​

I joined SCS Software a year ago and it's been a dream come true to be a part of the rework team and finish the Alps. Coming from a film background, I had the opportunity to do some of the cutscenes as well. It was especially fun to design the viewpoints at Viamala and Furka Pass. Both of these places were designed with a viewpoint in mind and therefore they give players the option to explore the place beyond the road. There was simply not enough place on the map for such huge mountains, so we had to pull out all the tricks up our sleeves to make it possible. I really hope it will be fun to drive through the Alps and you will happily return to Switzerland to discover all its secrets.

Tomáš​

I have been working in SCS for over three years now. My first tasks consisted of reworking German landscapes with fields and small towns around the highway, but I wanted to focus on something more urban and complex. My map lead supported my idea of adding a new airport to Stuttgart and there I found my main passion for cities. In the Switzerland Rework project, I was assigned to work on the beautiful city of Bern. It was quite challenging because Bern is a breathtaking historic city with many landmarks and I wanted to recreate its essence for our players. I have put a lot of effort into details and its historic parts, some of which may not be seen at first sight, as they wait to be discovered.

Eliška​

After a brief introduction to SCS on the Austria rework, I was given an amazing opportunity to work on Switzerland's biggest city - Zurich. It was a real challenge, but I enjoyed it a lot and I hope you will like the layout I made. I also got out of town and did some landscaping on roads heading towards Bern, Stansstadt and Basel. But my favourite parts are the really complicated areas like weigh stations, border crossings and truckstops. I had a lot of fun planning the borders in Basel or Oftringen's gas stations. I love my job and I hope you will enjoy my work.

Pavel​

Cruising through nature to observe beautiful sceneries, tiny villages or large cities with highrise buildings and landmarks can be fun, especially with a mission and from the cabin of a powerful truck. I have been working on designing environments in ETS2 for four years. My first DLC was Iberia which was very challenging. Then I showed my love for mountains in the Austria rework, creating beautiful alpine regions which were challenging for me, as well as for any driver. Then it smoothly transferred to the Swiss Alps.
I hope you'll enjoy my creations.

Jana​

Having dedicated four years to my role at SCS, the beauty of certain projects continues to captivate me. An early highlight was the Austria rework, where my fascination with the Alps and nature took root. It was during this assignment that I fell in love with the breathtaking Alps and working with nature in general. That is why I was excited to work on Switzerland and its beautiful landscapes. I sincerely hope that you, too, will find enjoyment in the end result, as this project holds a special place in my heart.

The highly anticipated Switzerland Rework is set to make its debut with the upcoming 1.50 update. To give you a taste of what's coming, check out our brief video trailer below. We hope you enjoy the sneak peek and get ready for thrilling trucking adventures in the beautiful Swiss landscapes!

We hope you've enjoyed meeting the team reworking Switzerland. Remember to follow us on our social media (X/Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok) so you won't miss out on any news coming in the future. We'll see you on the reworked Switzerland roads!​

Συνέχεια ανάγνωσης...